In the second instalment of skincare favourites for men, let’s flirt with the oh-so-commercial Valentine’s day and see a few precious, date-night-worthy and always tox-free picks!
I started the skincare favourites for men series in December and men were quiet about it. Until late in January that is, when I talked to a few gentlemen who read BEAUTYCALYPSE. To say that I was befuddled is to say the least! They were missing part two already! Ooops. Well, if you keep quiet, I can’t read your minds.
This time around, we have put together skincare basics that impart delicious natural smells and leave your skin lovely to touch.
So dear Sirs 😉 Sorry we missed a step in January. I won’t let you down from now on. Let’s roll!
Shop and use right away (I’ve added affiliate-free shop links for your convenience) – or drop a hint to let your Significant Other make you a fabulous Valentine’s gift 😉
Organic Skincare – Date Night Picks for Men
A LITTLE TIP TO START OFF WITH…
I want to kick off today’s picks with a bold suggestion. Boys, don’t consider SPA treatments girl-exclusive! Modern luxurious organic SPAs offer great massage and face treatments for men. If you don’t feel confident going, check out the SPA as in: don’t make your appointment on the phone, just walk in and let the specialists advise you about what might be right for you. Not sure whether or not you’re supposed to wear slippers and a bathrobe? Ask right away about their etiquette rules – are you meant to change or do you walk into the treatment room and change there?
(Image: relax with a gorgeous Cinq Mondes massage treatment) ORGANIC SKINCARE PICKS FOR MEN
1. Who needs razor burns? No one! Susanne Kaufmann After Shave Balm Line M (100ml, 50€ – Amazingy ship internationally, EU/ worldwide shipping is free for orders over 85€/ 100€) is fully vegan and has antibacterial, calming, moisturising and protecting benefits.
2. Organic skincare that smells like candy? With SkinOwl Beauty Drops Mangosteen (60ml, 93€ – available via Savue Beauty) is made from highest quality baobab and mangosteen oil. Smells delicious, like a blend of lychee and mango, and gives you the softest, freshest and most delicious version of your face.
3. I’ve reviewed the Rahua body skincare range earlier, and I’m still the biggest fan of this range especially during winter months. Rahua Body Lotion is your body’s emergency service when winds are cold and water is hard and your skin looks more like parchment. 200 ml, 48€, via Amazingy. Doubles as hand lotion.
4. It seems that today’s picks gravitate towards exotic ingredients, and Kahina Giving Beauty Rosemary Lavender Soap (19€, via Amazingy), a multi-use soap bar completely free from palm (or palm kernel) oil, is no exception. Rich in antioxidants, the bar helps exfoliate and tone your skin and smells like summer in the Mediterranean.
5. Only because a shower is a basic routine, doesn’t mean you don’t get to treat yourself! The Cinq Mondes Gel From Brazil is a 2-in-1 shower and hair gel will leave you revived with both the invigorating fresh scent and the skin-loving botanicals in its formula. 200ml, 19€, available via Cinq Mondes.