Adventurers, I am forced – by the unbendable rules of honour of green beauty geeks – to spill the contents of my beauty bag.
Besides from me tagging Sarita of
Edible Facial and Ana from Ana Goes Green, I prompt you, Adventurers, to look into your bag NOW and tell me what beauty/cosmetic products you are carrying with you. Is there room for improvement? Is there “detox” potential? Spill it!
BEAUTYCALYPSE BEAUTY BAG, EMPTIED
The tag rules say: You Must Not Stage. I swear I didn’t mean to. But my (vegan-friendly) beauty bag is quite sturdy, and as I pulled stuff out of it on the rim of my bathtub, it looked almost perfect. I only rearranged the parts that hid inside (the dice + the pen) or rolled loudly into the bathtub (Inika jar + eyelash necklace).
So what do I carry around? Do I practice what I preach? Admittedly, as the first thing rolling out was hand sanitizer, I panicked…
1. Tatcha Blotting Papers. It’s really the brand’s cleanest product; it is also the cleanest blotting paper around – no paraffines, no powders, nothing, just paper and gold flakes. Vegan and gorgeous. I don’t really use/need it after I went moisturiser-free, but apparently forgot to take them out.
2. Small and super-lightweight Smythson featherweight series notebook and a retractable Tiffany purse pen. Conventional luxuries. But stylish and sensible. And blue. I love blue.
3. A japanese “fake eyelashes” brass necklace my honey bought me at Oukan in Berlin and I thought I lost. Hehe. (Phew.)
4. A fiery red business cards etui with my brandnew BEAUTYCALYPSE Moo Mini Cards that I carry inside the beauty bag – because my super large business bag has no pockets other than for the keys. Moo prints in the most eco-friendly way possible.
5. A sewing kit I fetched in a hotel in Switzerland a couple years ago.
6. A dice.
7. The 7 Virtues Afghanistan Orange Blossom EdP from my Custom Kit. Vegan, phthalates-free, paraben-free.
8. Lavera certified organic hand sanitizer. Vegan.
9. Elmex wooden toothpicks.
10. Next one is a real rarity among green beauty fans… Wait for it… RMS Beauty Un-Cover Up. In 11. Didn’t see that coming!?
11. Inika Crème Colour in Rosehip. Better than to pinch your cheeks. Makes for a healthy “winter wonderland walk” glow. Vegan and palm-oil-free. (Review and swatch here.)