In which BeautyCalypse receives good press + + + gets ‘knighted’ as a beauty blogger + + + and adds three amazing blogs to the blogroll.
The Quest just got uberplayful and exciting and extra fun, and there are new friends you need to meet. What a way to start the weekend!
And here they are – the highlights from the last seven days 😉
1. THE FIRST EVER FEATURE ABOUT BEAUTYCALYPSE
If you’ve been here for a while, you’ll know that I believe in the power of a balanced diet – for bodily and mental health, and for beauty.
And so I’m chuffed to bits to be featured on the blog of the German nutritionist Caroline Bienert. Caroline works in Munich, London, and Dubai; her work appears in the leading women mags; and her approach and her mission is to bring together a healthy diet and joy of life, expressed in delicious recipes. What’s not to love, right? And that’s what she says about BEAUTYCALYPSE:
Her blog is nothing like your typical beauty site that jumps on every latest trend and must-have. Beautycalyptique looks far beyond the labels of those beauty jars, and it’s exactly this research accuracy that I admire so much. Not many online editors show that much passion!”
2. I’VE BEEN TAGGED!
Ha. I’m now officially a Beauty Blogger I guess.
If you remember, this very journey kicked off with a Liebster Award nomination before much actual content had aired 🙂 It was an amazing experience because I’ve met so many wonderful, no, glorious people.
This time, the beautiful Sonja of Life in Blush (over in lovely Canada) picked BEAUTYCALYPSE among a few other ladies for a round of the newest beauty bloggers game called “Beauty Routine Tag”.
The game is more like a short interview and I must say I’ve enjoyed Sonja’s answers a lot. I also loved the fellow bloggers she suggested,
Edible Facial (runs on WordPress, talking ’bout following made easy) and The Green Product Junkie.
You can find my answers and discover whom I tag at the end of this post.
3. BEAUTY ROUTINE TAG
1. Name a beauty routine you rarely do: plucking eyebrows. They are rarely out of shape + most beauticians try to push me into making them less angular. I love them arched and angular. It’s how they grow. Period.
2. Do you wash your makeup brushes regularly? No, not regularly. Religiously!
3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish? Until I’ve maniacally stripped down all of it… five minutes.
4. How long do you put off buying/replacing a product even if you really need it? Products I need I have on stock.
5. Your worst beauty habit: wearing most elaborate eye makeup without mascara. To find perf organic mascara is a pain in the anatomy; then it elongates my lashes – and I have stripes of mascara on my glasses; and then to take it off… pshaw…
6. Name something not beauty-related you put off all the time: can’t think of anything right now. I am a deadline-obsessed kind of gal.
7. When going somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute or not? depends on where I’m going and how I look that day, can be 1 hour to just a whiff of perfume. Clean and organic of course.
8. Can you commit to spending bans? Issued by whom? I spend wisely anyway.
9. How organised are your makeup/nail polish collections? Very.
10. What is the longest you’ve gone without writing a blog post? Years. As the craze just had started, I had a blog on LiveJournal that I’ve maintained for years. And one day, between 2006 and 2007 I think, I went full brake. It was like a
rehab – FFS, I have no idea of rehabs holiday. I am a very conscious blogger these days.
AND NOW I’M TAGGING:
The lifestyle blogger and actress Miss Jules of Three Times Yes,
the beauty maven and triathlete Nadin of EiswuerfelImSchuh (it’s gonna be German but let’s push the boundaries),
vlogger, illustrator and actress Vanessa of
Take Only Memories,
and my newest Twitter tweep 😉 Lauren Baker of Pretty Raw.
(Ladies, apart from answering to questions, you have to mention the tag starter (TheBeauBow, above) and the person who tagged you. Have fun and be sure to post the link to your answer in the comments below!)